Monday, March 23, 2009

Parsons...

So I got some financial aid from Parsons today--loans that added up to $5500 for the first year. However, reading on in the letter, I learned that instead of each year costing me around $34000, as I initially thought, each year was going to cost around $55000...meaning that these loans basically did nothing.

My family doesn't have that kind of money. I'm getting $44000 from my grandfather for all four years, and something like $20000 from my father. The trustfund laid aside by my maternal grandfather is now only at about $14000, and even if I wait until the stock market wakes up, it was only about $60000 to begin with. That puts me at a grand (heavily optimistic and unlikely) total of $124000, which is $100000 short of what I need....I might be able to get $10000 in schloarships if I'm DAMN lucky... I just have no idea what to do...

Basically I have to quit my internship. I'll be telling Kay tomorrow. And then I'll have to put myself on the GAP schedule all week long--if they even decide they want to schedule me.

And as far as my WISE project is concerned...

No comments: